Keeping Up Appearances

randomly commenting on what really goes on in my mind

Monday, January 21, 2008

The amount that I do not write on this thing is amazing. I guess I mainly write so that I can look back and see how I was thinking and feeling at a point in my life that is radically different from where I am now. But when is that not true? We should all hope that we are a radically different person for the better everyday.

I am now in my second semester of my freshman year at Wyoming Catholic College. I did not write last semester in the least because they schedule one very efficiently here, and I barely had enough time to call my mother let alone blog. But hopefully this semester I will have different priorities. I will call home more, study more, and keep to myself more. I need to learn the value of solitary contemplation. Last semester I had some experience with it from going to daily mass and adoration, but I think I need to learn how to do it without needing to be in a church, so that when I go home for the summer, I can keep up the practice when the opportunity to go to daily mass is not there.

So, time is a funny thing. The picture I posted above seemed extremely relevant to me because it shows exactly what I feel time is doing as I fly through my first year of college. It's moving so fast it's melting. The melting time causes a funny kind of pain as it drips onto you ( I think it's normally called growing pains) and then the scars are always there. But you learn from it. You learn that in order to not get burned you gotta cool your jets so that the time doesn't melt, and you can enjoy knowing how to manage your time. And the funniest thing about it is: you manage your time by giving it away to God. He's the master of it anyway so it all works out.

Funny ol' world ain't it? Don't worry, I won't quit my day job.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Oh dear. Now Matthew and I both have siblings that feel some connection to surrealism. Dear oh dear. Say not so, say not so!

    ;)

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    sniff...
    as St. Josemaria (via Marie Bellet) said, "Time is a treasure".

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger JohnnyJoe said…

    Binger Bonger!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home