Keeping Up Appearances

randomly commenting on what really goes on in my mind

Monday, January 08, 2007



Here pretty soon I'm going to start the Spring Semester. Whew....hooo. In a way I'm ready to start using my brain again, because sitting around here is just making me kind of anxious, but in another kind of more predominant way....I'm never ready to use my brain. Who is? AH! The effects of the fall....I feel them keenly.

Anyway, I went back to the campus today and straightened things out, kind of. I'm struggling with resentment at the injustice of my having to play by the rules of the American public school system. "Oh you mean you just want me to have numbers on a sheet instead of being able to think and have a discussion about my subjects....ohhh ok....I misunderstood you". Boy that didn't ring of bitterness did it?

Tomorrow I have my first rehearsal with my "big person" choir since Christmas break. But alas, I have two whompin' canker sores in my mouth and a pretty nasty cold to boot as mentioned in former post. I e-mailed my section leader and she's like" Well, you should probably come for the first read through, but sit far far away and don't breath". These people take their vocal health very seriously, needless to say.

So in the next couple of weeks I'm going to try to re-learn how to study. I'm gonna have to start studying Physics, Intro to Literature, Music appreciation, and St. Matthew's Passion(I've never heard of it either). From what I recall, you sit down with a book of some sort and start reading.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home