Keeping Up Appearances

randomly commenting on what really goes on in my mind

Wednesday, July 18, 2007


I'm so glad that I'm getting opportunities this summer to get out and do fun summery things with my friends. It's like a beautiful fun fanfare farewell. Last week one of my friends and I went to the Free Friday Night Flicks at Crown Center. That was the most fun that I had had in a long time. We sat in the blanket section, and got there early enough to eat pizza as the sun set and the lawn filled up. The movie, Singin' in the Rain, started after the sun went down and we sat under the stars and ate peanuts mm's and sour gummy worms as we enjoyed the movie and each others company. It was so awesome.


A couple of nights ago I went out with a three of my friends with whom I was in the same class in high school. We were equally divided, two boys two girls. Dinner and a movie and goofy fun friends makes for an extremely cool evening.


It's been good for me to spend time with my friends and be able to observe them and reflect on who they are now as opposed to who they were when they were younger. It makes me look at myself and reflect on the same thing. It's such a grace that we all grew up the same way, have the same ideals, and think the same things are fun, and we can be totally ourselves around one another. Life is very good. Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home