Laptops, I'm beginning to think, are an evil. Okay, evil is a strong word.......but as close as I'm going to get right now. Let's say, an evil in regards to time. They take it and suck it up like a big time-sucking spider. "Whoa it's already two in the morning, time to go to bed!! :/" Since my lovely older sister graciously graduated college and got married, I inherited the lap top *choirs singing*. I will need it for school, to write papers and all that jazz. But in the mean time it means I can do cool stuff like check my e-mail and facebook in my room. Oh, and blog of course.
Fortunately at my future school, there will be none of that kind of thing allowed. There will be no T.V.'s, Internet access, or even movie watching allowed in any of the dorms. The wonderful people there know that they need to save people like me from themselves and make sure that all of that time that I have been spending on e-mail, facebook, and yes, blogspot, gets kissed by the fairy godmother discipline, and turned into the handsome prince called study time. Then I will feel like I'm doing something with my life, and will have a greater sense of fulfillment. Yah!
But in the mean time......I need to check if any one's responded on my wall........
Fortunately at my future school, there will be none of that kind of thing allowed. There will be no T.V.'s, Internet access, or even movie watching allowed in any of the dorms. The wonderful people there know that they need to save people like me from themselves and make sure that all of that time that I have been spending on e-mail, facebook, and yes, blogspot, gets kissed by the fairy godmother discipline, and turned into the handsome prince called study time. Then I will feel like I'm doing something with my life, and will have a greater sense of fulfillment. Yah!
But in the mean time......I need to check if any one's responded on my wall........


2 Comments:
At 9:53 AM,
Anonymous said…
wow. all that list of "no's" ...TV, internet...that's way to strict for me! Discipline is way overrated, believe me... :-)
At 6:55 PM,
Unknown said…
highly amusing. for myself earlier this week, I said, "Wow, it's 5:15 in the morning." But I'm a little crazier than you.
Such discipline at your school is a great thing as long as you don't rely on it. Never let the discipline of others be stronger than your own free will which allows you to say no all by yourself. So don't use it as a crutch, which is the danger in such things.
But, of course, I do not deny the benefits. I myself have found myself playing games on addictinggames.com at three in the morning. It's times like that that I wish I could install parental controls for myself :)
Anyway, I hope you are having fun. Will talk later.
Post a Comment
<< Home