Keeping Up Appearances

randomly commenting on what really goes on in my mind

Thursday, December 28, 2006



So it is now Christmas break and I haven't written on my blog still. Here I go.

Amendment 2 passed, despite my heroic lead pencil filling efforts. Now I'm contemplating on how to exit Missouri when God starts in with the brimstone.

The semester ended with a whizz a bang a a whole lot of dark feelings. My lovely Math final was 12 pages long, longer than the calculus final, and I was so burned out by the end of the 6th page my brain decided, without my consent, to poop out. I did not fail it, but I will retake it, with a different teacher. I strongly dislike my former teacher, considering she did not teach me anything. I did well in chemistry, although my grade would not speak so highly of me. I'm really a low A middle B in it, however, my being a home-schooler, I do not count points THEREFORE, I forgot to turn in my lab reports THEREFORE I missed out of about 80 points that I could have gotten hands down. QED. I'm not that shaken up about it, I understand that material very well which is all I really was aiming for. I just wish everything wasn't so hinged on your numbers and scores. It depresses me to think we are so bound by the finite numbers of a test. I got an A in both choir and English. Whoo. That was hard.

Next semester I will be tackling, Music Appreciation, Intro to Literature, Algebra AGAIN, and possibly physics. I do not know if I will keep physics. Sounds like a time consumer and I want to be able to beat the system with my math. I might be replacing physics with more music classes. We'll see.

And now, I have only to wait to hear from TAC. The fear in my heart prevents me from being eloquent on the subject.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whoa... physics... good luck. haha. :) I'm sure you can get that math down!! We'll be in it together... I'm taking math too.
    :( I REALLY don't want to, but I must. And I was contemplating the same thing (how to exit Missouri... haha)... we'll hafta come up with a plan together. ;) And don't worry! You'll get into TAC! I know it!!! love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home