Keeping Up Appearances

randomly commenting on what really goes on in my mind

Tuesday, September 26, 2006


As my wonderful friend Alecia just informed me on my last post(which was a while ago). Josh Groban is coming out with a new CD on Nov. 7th. This, indeed, is true cause for rejoicing. YAH!

Prepare yourself to be amazed: I have met Josh Groban. Yah, it was through a chain link fence with about 150 other people, but I did touch him and he addressed me and my party specifically so it still counts. C. can vouch for the truthfulness of these statements, she and her mother were the other party. When you pick yourself off of the floor I will also inform you that I also have his AUTOGRAPH. So, for anyone who wants to see it, tickets prices are starting a very reasonable rate......

No jus' kidding, but you have to admit, it is very cool that I've shaken his hand. Like I didn't have gloves or anything on either, he took my hand in both of his hand and shook it. I'll stop now.

About everything else, things are going ok. You probably concluded that I've been kind of busy because of my lack of postage. Work is.....ok. I go in I leave everyone is reasonably satisfied. Not ecstatic mind you but satisfied. The other day my drawer was not one not two, but $100 off. But don't worry, I'm not in jail, they found it at my register. I had put it in the wrong place in the drawer. When my extremely intimidating manager T. told me about it I nearly fainted. I think he did it for fun. Jerk.

Anyhoo, classes are fine ( I refuse to tell you my test results for Math and Chemistry. There's nary a way you can get me to post that on the internet) But lab today went really well because I understood it and everything and we got the right answers and it was just AWESOME. Teehee, we're cool. (wink wink C.H. )

Tonight I go to choir practice. Our first performance is on Nov. 5th and I still have not memorized one single little neglected piece. On Saturday we go for an all day music workshop in Lawrence at KU. Whoo. We are going to be singing a couple of pieces in union with the KU choir on the 5th so that would be the reason for the workshop and location, but I sure don't want go. Sounds like a royal pain in the gludious maximus(sp??). I'm hoping I can hitch a ride with a gracious fellow licensed WBFS member.

Must straighten front room. Fare well and Be good!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! I can't wait till that CD comes out. If only I had met Josh Groban, too. . . .

    Glad to hear that things aren't too bad. Especially glad to hear that your not in jail. I guess I would know about it already, though, if you had. Keep your money straight. You know how picky Michelle was and she only had a very small store. A big grocery store might put you in jail! :-(

    Have a good time this weekend at the music program at KU.
    Hope you classes are going well.

    Love ya,
    Meg

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Greetings to my obsession-ridden younger sis,

    So, your drawer was off, eh? $100 is quite a bit, though. Let's hope that doesn't happen again - mistake or no. The key is not to let the customers make you feel rushed as you count the cash - develop a "I'll take my sweet time with the mulah and you can just wait 'til I'm finished." mentality, and it will reduce your risk of getting short-changed. T. will probably tease you about your till quite a bit, though, seeings as your older sis was never more than $.25 off on HER till. *wink*

    Don't go nuts on me - take it easy, girl. Running yourself into the ground isn't good for any of us.

    Lots of love,
    Sis

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was wondering... have you any progress on the TAC essay?

    Subject picked, I believe, but outline done yet?

    Just a friendly reminder from...

    BIG DADDY

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gluteus Maximus

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo Big Daddy - I was wondering the same...

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "The hour is almost nigh....noviembre...siete...." Sigh...don't you just love him?

    Love ya,
    Caroline

    P.S. When you fall in a bottomless pit, you die of starvation.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your post made me laugh. :) lol. Have you listened to Josh Groban's new single???? It's AWESOME!! =)

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah I heard about Josh's new cd! I can't wait till it comes out! That is so cool that you have is autograph and got to shake his hand etc. I went to his concert 2 years ago but I was way far away and could hardly see him. :( I still enjoyed myself though!

    ~Erin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home