Today I had my mouth piece put on that will, hopefully, keep me from looking like Jay Leno when I get older. Lemme 'splain. I have a severe jaw-extended cross bite on the left side of my mouth that I am trying to get fixed through orthodontics. If I let it go my jaw will keep extending until I have a Jay Leno Jaw. Whoo. They're trying to fix it by putting a device across the roof of my mouth that I have to expand by turning a key, to try and get my upper teeth to match up with my lower teeth. If this doesn't work it looks like oral surgery. So pray that this works! Did I mention they also installed spacers on my bottom teeth? Well they did.
Since I can't swallow very well, my speech pattern had changed slightly; now I sound like like Kermit in this clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=h8eMwNfzVqY
I spent the night last night at my babysitting post with little Thomas More who is nine months old. I went to bed at midnight, was up again at 3:30 and again at 6. I never knew exhaustion could reach such heights. So tonight in my floating tiredness I am going to stay up late with an aching mouth studying for a 7:30 Chemistry test that I am not too confident about. Yah, prayers would be good.
Here I go......
Since I can't swallow very well, my speech pattern had changed slightly; now I sound like like Kermit in this clip: http://youtube.com/watch?v=h8eMwNfzVqY
I spent the night last night at my babysitting post with little Thomas More who is nine months old. I went to bed at midnight, was up again at 3:30 and again at 6. I never knew exhaustion could reach such heights. So tonight in my floating tiredness I am going to stay up late with an aching mouth studying for a 7:30 Chemistry test that I am not too confident about. Yah, prayers would be good.
Here I go......


4 Comments:
At 10:20 AM,
Emily said…
Katie-Kate,
On You Tube there's an option below every video that says "blog this video" - it puts the video directly onto your blog, which I think is pretty cool. Just f.y.i.
My Matthew had the exact same mouthpiece when he was young. Evidently it's purpose is to crack and separate the bones in the roof of your mouth. *wince* For Goodness sake, I hope and PRAY that our children get my teeth, and not his! Well, or yours, for that matter. I guess our gene pools are kinda one and same, aren't they? The odds are not looking good for my kids, I guess.
Much luv - am praying. I hope things are going okay.
Emily
At 12:51 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey! yuck... mouthpiece. Sounds painful. When do you get your braces put on?
How did your Chemistry test go?? Do you think you did ok? I have a Psych test on Wednesday which I'm not looking forward to. Please pray that I do ok. =)
Ttyl! Luv u!!
At 6:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi ya Kate!
I know your pain! It's pretty horrible isn't it? It will get better. . . eventually. And in the end you'll be happy you went through the pain of the arch expander, braces, etc. I remember hardly being able to eat, one, because it hurt so much, and two, because I could hardly swallow. It took some getting used to. When I finally go it off my mouth felt huge. :-) You will get a space between your front teeth. Joy!
I hope that you are feeling better. Have a bowl of ice cream!
And I hope your test went well.
By the way, your blog looks great.
Much love.
-Megs
At 12:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Kate,
Bummer about the mouthpiece and spacers. I had those too when I was 13 with the key to crank it wider and every plus these huge hunks of clear plastic to re-align my jaws (yeah, my dentist was weird). It does hurt a lot when you adjust which is why I'd always do it right before I intended to sleep. Didn't bother me quite as much then. Good luck with the whole process!
Post a Comment
<< Home