I can't believe that the weekend is almost over. I'm so glad that tomorrow is Labor Day, more time to study! This morning was a typical harebrained Sunday morning. My little sister came POUNDING on my door at seven, "KAAAATE you have to get UP now!". Scared me half to death.
I made a first this morning! I drove to Mass! It took a little bit of the puppy eyes look to actually get the keys from mom's hand but with afore said persuasion and a little bit of elbow grease it was safely accomplished. I'm a very good driver. She doesn't have to act so deathly afraid. Sheesh.
Something earth shattering has happened in the Harrison household. We have removed our 20 year old used-to-be-green-now-kind-of-yellow/green/brown carpet. I'm feeling a little separation anxiety about it. That carpeting was put in when mom was pregnant with me and has been there ever since, so it's the only way I remember my house looking. We have hardwood underneath, so it looks good and a lot bigger. But it doesn't look my my house anymore. I get attached like this to anything that I have familiar contact with for over a week, so you can imagine the trauma I'm going through right now. Sigh.
But now it sounds REALLY cool when I practice singing.
My classes are going, ok. I had my first Chem quiz last Thursday and I think I did fairly well on it. I wasn't able to finish the last question in time. Couldn't remember my conversion units. Bad Kate. However, I have gotten perfect scores on all of my Math quizzes so far, and I'm making good progress on my English paper, so over all things are running smoothly.
My job situation has not changed. I'm getting kind of panicked whenever I think about it. PLEASE PRAY THAT I FIND SOMETHING SUITABLE! I owe.....lots a money. ):
Kitchen Duty calls! Everyone have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!
I made a first this morning! I drove to Mass! It took a little bit of the puppy eyes look to actually get the keys from mom's hand but with afore said persuasion and a little bit of elbow grease it was safely accomplished. I'm a very good driver. She doesn't have to act so deathly afraid. Sheesh.
Something earth shattering has happened in the Harrison household. We have removed our 20 year old used-to-be-green-now-kind-of-yellow/green/brown carpet. I'm feeling a little separation anxiety about it. That carpeting was put in when mom was pregnant with me and has been there ever since, so it's the only way I remember my house looking. We have hardwood underneath, so it looks good and a lot bigger. But it doesn't look my my house anymore. I get attached like this to anything that I have familiar contact with for over a week, so you can imagine the trauma I'm going through right now. Sigh.
But now it sounds REALLY cool when I practice singing.
My classes are going, ok. I had my first Chem quiz last Thursday and I think I did fairly well on it. I wasn't able to finish the last question in time. Couldn't remember my conversion units. Bad Kate. However, I have gotten perfect scores on all of my Math quizzes so far, and I'm making good progress on my English paper, so over all things are running smoothly.
My job situation has not changed. I'm getting kind of panicked whenever I think about it. PLEASE PRAY THAT I FIND SOMETHING SUITABLE! I owe.....lots a money. ):
Kitchen Duty calls! Everyone have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!


1 Comments:
At 5:24 PM,
Emily said…
*GAAAASP* The CARPET . . . THECARPETISGONE?
Alleluiah!
I've been *this close* (indicating very, very small distance with fingers) to gettin' out the crowbar and rippin' it out myself these past two summers. It was MEGA gross. Thank God it's history.
I suppose the wooden floors are looking okay, or is there a lot more work to be done on them and you're just living with it for now? (Geez, it's like, I leave and the place gets all spiffy . . . couch covers, wooden floors - what's next? new kitchen cabinets?)
Much luv - hang in there, 'Cake'.
Sissy
Post a Comment
<< Home