I wonder if is life ever going to seem easy to live again. Probably not.
I just received an e-mail from my choir director, Mr. William Baker, to tell me just how much work we're going to have to do to get our concert music down"Get your act together because everyone is up for criticism!". But no pressure.....
The William Baker Festival singers is a fabulous choral group which I have been fortunate enough to be able to get into. It's considered one of the best chorus' in the country. Which is why we have 40 pieces to learn and perform by mid November, half of which will be memorized. Why do I always seem to feel the need to make my life MORE complicated?
Is it worth it? Before my audition I kept telling myself that I was not going to have any time to be able to commit to such a wonderful group as the Festival Singers(I'm sure my pre-audition nerves had nothing to do with it(; ). However, after my first rehearsal last Tuesday I felt a calm that I had not felt in several weeks. It totally confused me because I left worn out! IT WAS HARD! But it was beautiful. And where Beauty is God is. That makes all the hardship in the world worth it. So it turns out my life getting harder is a good thing, it draws me closer to God. Funny ol' world ain't it?
I just received an e-mail from my choir director, Mr. William Baker, to tell me just how much work we're going to have to do to get our concert music down"Get your act together because everyone is up for criticism!". But no pressure.....
The William Baker Festival singers is a fabulous choral group which I have been fortunate enough to be able to get into. It's considered one of the best chorus' in the country. Which is why we have 40 pieces to learn and perform by mid November, half of which will be memorized. Why do I always seem to feel the need to make my life MORE complicated?
Is it worth it? Before my audition I kept telling myself that I was not going to have any time to be able to commit to such a wonderful group as the Festival Singers(I'm sure my pre-audition nerves had nothing to do with it(; ). However, after my first rehearsal last Tuesday I felt a calm that I had not felt in several weeks. It totally confused me because I left worn out! IT WAS HARD! But it was beautiful. And where Beauty is God is. That makes all the hardship in the world worth it. So it turns out my life getting harder is a good thing, it draws me closer to God. Funny ol' world ain't it?


5 Comments:
At 2:23 PM,
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh!! You made it in?!?!? That's awesome!!!! :) I NEED to call you! lol! :) luv ya!
At 3:34 PM,
Anonymous said…
where beauty is, God is.
very good, very good
At 5:17 PM,
Emily said…
Glad to hear you got in, Katie-Kate.
. . . and you thought you'd be BORED this fall. HA!
Anyhow . . . this blog is too pink. What, is this a reversion to Barbie-days or what?
Much love from the eldest,
Sissy
At 3:55 PM,
Anonymous said…
I agree with EM about the pink and I just wanted to say HI
At 7:45 PM,
Bernie said…
HI GREG!!!! It is not too pink, it's mostly purple(lavender...purple....). I simply take great delite in my femininity.(:
P.S. Emily used to call it poople
Post a Comment
<< Home